Tuesday 23 August 2011

Catrice: Forget Me Not

Hello!

Today I have a very beautiful manicure to show you all- Forget Me Not, which is a very beautiful rich shimmery violet purple shade by the German make up brand, Catrice.

It's the first time I've come across this brand, despite having gone to Germany already this year... Whatever, I found it in Nice, France, and I'm glad I did, because it seems to be a really nice brand with some very interesting colours.

I picked up two colours from their range, this one here- FMN, and also a very gorgeous looking nude with a beautiful golden shimmery vein running through it,  called Mona Lisa Is Staring Back.
Forget Me Not by Catrice, in full sun

So, back to FMN. This colour is really gorgeous, it's so pigmented, rich and shimmery. It really is an absolutely beautiful polish.

 Catrice FMN in full sun- incredible, no!?

The only thing I hated about it was its application- I found it very tricky indeed and had to concentrate quite hard to get it right. I think I used two coats of colour in the end.

Once the colour was on, the application didn't seem like such a huge problem for the prize- the colour it turned out. I thought it would be a good shade looking at the bottle, but I didn't realise it would be this nice!

It's Quality Street wrapper meets Cadburys wrapper nail polish! (English chocolate brands!) :)

Catrice FMN in the shade

This polish really does just glow when it hits the light- natural or artificial.

Observe:

FMN indoors in dark shade with centre illuminated by light outside, approx. 10 metres away

-Isn't that incredible!?

This polish is great for the price too, it was only €2.49 RRP.... I think Catrice is stocked in Germany, Austria, Switzerland and France- I'm not sure about other countries, unfortunately, and you can't buy them via their website either, so if you're in mainland Europe, have a look for them.

On another note, I'm flying home, back to London tonight, so I'll be able to post more again, and do some more swatching- I'm very excited to try out OPI It's MY Year and OPI Crown Me Already! which I have waiting on me, and of course OPI Glacier Bay Blues will be tested asap too! I can't wait!

Until then... Have a lovely day, everyone!

:)

No comments:

Post a Comment