Wednesday 27 July 2011

My big USA haul!

So, I went to Washington DC last month, my first time there, not my first time in the big ol' USA but my first visit to DC.

I did the touristy, the restaurant eating and shopping stuff, and with regards to the latter, came back to London with a pretty impressive nail polish swag!

IMAGE:
Top Row, L-R- Essie China Doll, OPI Turquoise Shatter, OPI Rally Pretty Pink, OPI  Absolutely Alice
Bottom Row, L-R- Orly Space Cadet, Orly Bubbly Bombshell, Orly Fancy Fuchsia, OPI Skull & Glossbones

I picked a bottle each of:

*OPI Absolutely Alice
* OPI Skull and Glossbones
* OPI Turquoise Shatter
*OPI Senorita Rose-alita
*OPI Rally Pretty Pink
*Orly Space Cadet
*Orly Bubbly Bombsell
*Orly Fancy Fuchsia
*Essie China Doll
*Milani Hi-Res

I bought most of these polishes in Mimosa Beauty Salon near Du Pont Circle- it's amazing!!! Apparently it's one of the best salons in DC, and I COMPLETELY recommend it, if you're around the DC area.

So, anyways, I bought Senorita Rose-alita, Rally Pretty Pink, Space Cadet, Bubbly Bombsell, Fancy Fuchsia and China Doll for $5 USD each, which I reckon is a pretty incredible price- about £3.00 each, whereas buying a new OPI here in London at Selfridges will set you back £10.50- roughly $17 USD!

Insane, no!?

IMAGE: My favourites, in order, L-R, that I bought in America-
Numero Uno: OPI Absolutely Alice, 2: Orly Space Cadet, 3: OPI Rally Pretty Pink, 4: Orly Bubbly Bombshell

I was so pleased to get hold of Absolutely Alice for $7, I've heard so many great things about that polish from so many bloggers. I didn't purchase it when OPI's Alice in Wonderland collection came out, and before I could say 'I neeeed me that polish!!!' Absolutely Alice had sold out, like Absolutely EVERYWHERE*.... Sorry, that one was pretty bad.

(...*Apart from Evilbay. Obviously.)





...So yeah, I was pretty chuffed to get hold of that one!

Another one I picked up, Milani Hi-Res, was a bit of a 'uhhhhmmmm' purchase to aid with the pain of not owning OPI DS Original, which I've wanted for ages!

Ok, Milani Hi-Res is quite nice, a very subtle, very scattered holo, but not a patch on DS Original.... Sure enough, about two weeks after I got back to London, I popped into my local nail shop and randomly found....

OPI DS Original!

My god! I was soooo happy! But now, being the proud owner of DS Original means that owning Hi-Res is ever so slightly pointless... DS Original's holo-awesomeness is second to none!...

....That's a whole 'nother post! :)

No comments:

Post a Comment