Monday 3 October 2011

OPI Swimsuit...Nailed It! and OPI Absolutely Alice

Hi everyone, and Happy October!

I hope the month is going very well for all of you so far and that your weekend was a good one!

Here in London, we've started the month with some freakishly unseasonal weather. It was 28c here yesterday! Unbelievable, no?!

Because it's been so hot here over the last few days, I decided to do a summery sort of manicure before all I'll probably be wearing are more Autumnal/Wintry shades.

So- I did a mani with OPI Swimsuit...Nailed It! and OPI Absolutely Alice. It's a very pretty combo, and reminds me of a sparkling blue sea in the middle of summer. I think Swimsuit...Nailed It! should have been called Dive In! if it weren't part of the Miss Universe collection- this colour reminds me of the sea, and as it's a foil, it's very glowy and has a lot of depth.

Some pics:

OPI Swimsuit...Nailed It! and OPI Absolutely Alice

I found that Swimsuit...Nailed It! was a bit thin, so I used three coats in my application, and then did a gradient with Absolutely Alice. The yellow 'Alice hair' pieces of glitter in Absolutely Alice remind me of sand!
I did this crop on my index finger to show off the glitter- and the natural starburst effect my camera captured! It looks really cool! :)

On another note, sorry about the crazy amount of shrinkage and cuticle area rubbishness of this mani! Apparently, Seche Vite and Swimsuit...Nailed It! is not a good combination... The shrinkage was very bad indeed...

...As you can probably see. I had to re-polish the cuticle areas of my nails... Check out my ring finger in the pic above- yes, that ridge on the top of my ring finger came from shrinkage! Not very good....

A blurry pic of this mani to show off the sparkliness of it- it really shines in the sun.

And a close up blurry pic! It's a very sparkly manicure.

So, I really liked this combination, it's very nice for Summer. I think Swimsuit...Nailed It would look amazing with gold shatter as well, so I might be trying this combination with my newly-released Barry M Gold Shatter...

Stay tuned!

2 comments:

  1. I love both of these colours! The combination of the two shades is gorgeous :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you! Definitely try it! My hand would look even better if I were sitting on a beach clutching a cocktail with this mani on! :) x

    ReplyDelete