Thursday 27 October 2011

OPI early 2012: Nicki Minaj and the Holland Collections

Hi people!

What's the buzz on 2012?

Well, the Olympics are coming here, to London, it's the Queen's Diamond Jubilee, it's my quarter-of-a-century birthday year, and all the nail companies are gonna be releasing some new and doubtless exciting shades for us nailphiles to feast our eyes on!

Start celebrating, it's gonna be a great year!

Ok, so OPI have recently announced that they're collaborating with Nicki Minaj... Expect some crazy colours here and some even crazier lacquer layering combos!

Nicki Minaj for OPI

...And a close up of the shades:

...Ooooh, shiny!

What do you think, good, bad or indifferent!?

Personally, I must admit that on first impressions, I'm not exactly going crazy for this collection... Still, OPI's Spring release is looking quite interesting to me.

We're taking a trip to the lovely land of tulips, bicycles and clogs this year. We've already been to the US, Spain, Australia, India, France and many more so it was about time!
Actually, now that's just got me to thinking where OPI should go next.... on that wishful note, here are my Top 5 OPI 'Holiday' requests, in no particular order:

*South Africa (Rainbow shades to represent the Rainbow Nation)

*Cuba (Dusty 1950s-esque shades-very unique and cool)

*Morocco (Amazing jewel shades here!)

*China (The red shades would be plentiful and amazing, for sure!)

*Brazil (Can you even imagine the Carnival related glitters!? Aaaaahhhh!!! I may be experiencing heart palpitations!!!)

Anyways, back to Holland now. Here is the collection:

OPI Holland

There sure is something for everyone in this collection! ...Having said that... Blimey! Not a true red shade in sight! I can't work out whether this is a good or a bad thing... I mean, I do love a red nail, it has to be said! Still...

Which country do you think OPI should go to next? I'd love to hear what you think!

x L-L :)

No comments:

Post a Comment