Monday 24 October 2011

OPI Gettin' Miss Piggy With It

Hi people!

Today I have a gorgeous, shiny mani for you to feast your eyes on- OPI Gettin' Miss Piggy With It.

This lacquer is one of the two from the Muppets collection that I had to have! The other one being, as I'm sure you can guess, Rainbow Connection, which obviously is so super popular that it's sold out at the moment on Lena White... I picked my two Muppets bottles up in Selfridges a couple of weeks ago.

Anyway, I'm a huge fan of shimmery and glittery reds, so I was crazy excited when I saw the Muppets promo shots and I had to get my mitts on OPI Gettin' Miss Piggy With It!

Here are some pics:







It hasn't disappointed me, but I'm sure it's much better to layer it over another red shade as:

1) You'll only need one or two coats, according to your taste, to make your mani into a red shimmer bomb
2) Your bottle of GMPWI will last a lot longer if you're not using about four coats to make it opaque enough to wear on its own with no visible nail underneath
3) I'm not going to lie, removal is tough enough with two thick coats over another polish- removing four coats of this would be god-awful...  

Anyway, loads of small red glitter as well as bigger cerise and silver hex glitter particles in a clear base... What's not to love?

Shrinkage with my Seche Vite was again a bit of an issue with this mani.... Seche does not like glitter, whereas I love it in all its forms! Booo :(

Anyways, I'm a big big fan of OPI Gettin' Miss Piggy With It... Just my thing!

Have a great day, everyone!

:)

1 comment:

  1. Hey! Loving this red!
    Just wanted to let you know that I've nominated you for an award. Check out my blog for more details!
    www.manicure-maniac.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete